COPD Chronicles: Tracing the journey
Episode 5: the eXpand Podcast
with Dr. Jean Wright
Listen to the eXpand Podcast and join experts clinicians as we dive into chronic lung diseases and eXpand your practice.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) remains an underfunded and underdiagnosed health issue in the United States. It is often referred to as a “silent epidemic” due to its prevalence and the lack of awareness and resources dedicated to it.
In today’s episode of the eXpand Podcast, the discussion centers around the state of COPD care, research, and awareness, as well as the role of the COPD Foundation in driving change in the delivery of care.
Our guest is Dr. Jean Wright, CEO of the COPD Foundation.
Today you’ll learn:
- The importance of patient-focused care and advocacy
- The role of the COPD Foundation in driving change in care delivery
- The future of COPD care and research
- The discussion on COPD and its impact on patients
Resources to go deeper:
For Closed Captions: Watch on YouTube and turn on “CC.” For instructions to turn on closed captions, click here.
Learn more about COPD: https://chroniclungdiseases.com/en/copd/
COPD Foundation: https://www.copdfoundation.org/
COPD Management courses:
- COPD Management for Exercise Professionals: https://www.expandcourses.com/courses/COPD-Exercise-Professionals
- COPD Management for Healthcare Professionals: https://www.expandcourses.com/courses/COPD-Healthcare-Professionals
This episode was made in collaboration with COPD Foundation.
Sponsored by a medical education grant from AstraZeneca, GSK and Roche Canada.
More Episodes For You
Get the latest updates on The eXpand Podcast
Receive tips and more free resources to enhance your experience and eXpand your practice.
Also, be the first to know when new episodes are live.